vsTASKER 7 User Manual
Menu
Index

Dynamic Interfaces

One of the key features of vsTASKER is its ability to automatically generate basic GUI interfaces for accessing parameter values of any object parameter.
With Dynamic Interfaces (let's call it  Dyn-UI), user can define a variable belonging to a class object and make it modifiable for all instances, at Design and Runtime, using the generated GUI.

A Dyn-UI gathers all parameters specifically tagged in the object/class definition as: user modifiable.

In this example, the Sonar Component has defined all these variables as dynamic parameters.

In the Declaration part of a Logic, Knowledge, DataModel, Component (...), marking a variable for the Dyn-UI is done using the //&& sign after the declaration:

int my_private;
int my_public;  //&&  DEF[50]

In this example, my_public integer variable only will be added into the object Dyn-UI with the default value of 50.

The obvious advantage of Dyn-UI is that values it controls becomes available to the end user. He can modify any value of any interface and replace the default value.
This can be done during design time or runtime (when simulation is stopped, design values will be retrieved).